Friday, February 23, 2024

Fighting The Good Fight

 


" I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
(2 Timothy 4:7) 

WALK-Line:
In my 47 years of pastoral ministry I have seen Satan too often, set things in motion for fights in the local church. Sowing seeds of discord and disunity. He has complicated things so much, that it is very difficult to resolve differences, and accomplish productive ministry.
His greatest tool is that of selfishness. If he can get people to focus on themselves instead of the needs and feelings of others, he has put in place the main form, for disunity and destruction. So the question comes, how can we fight this good fight, and win? I mentioned that Satan's greatest tool is selfishness. But our greatest tool is love (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Satan loves to make it a fight,
Sowing seeds of selfishness is his delight.
But we are to fight the good fight with love.
That unity, may be seen by God above.
g/Patterson

Photo: harutmovsisyan - Pixabay.com

The Christian Journeyman Walk-Line
2024 All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment